Now that we have our "one-stop cheese plate shopping list," let's talk about the best boards to display that charcuterie on...
My ideal board is round with approximately 15-17in circumference and a little lip that makes it easy to transport. Whether that's carrying it from the kitchen to the dining room or wrapping it up in tinfoil and bringing to a friends house, a lip is always appreciated for a smooth transition. I've traditionally had lots of luck finding great options at HomeGoods. However, a trip to HomeGoods can be hit or miss (oftentimes only finding random boards with silly embellishments or weird sayings). "Home" might be "where the heart is," BUT there's a time and place for that... AND I don't want to see it in cursive under my cheese ;)
Aside from round, I also love the look of a rustic rectangle cutting board or square piece. So, in the interest of rounding up the best boards for your holiday gatherings, here are some shoppable boards you can snag in time for your next cheese plate.
**UPDATE** Since writing this post, I've found an affordable, round board that I absolutely love. If you're in the market for your first board, check this one from Target out. It's 15in and here's an example of a cheese board and a dessert board I've made on it:
And here's a round-up of other amazing options from around the web:
1. Mango Wood Board // Sur La Table // 20in. Heavy // $60 This board is heavy and gorgeous. On the larger end, so best for entertaining large parties. But it's also perfect for entertaining with other meals. I'm picturing a big loaf of cut bread and a few bowls of tomato soup :)
2. Boos Cutting Board // Sur La Table // 18in x 12in and 21in x 17in // $99 and $149; I LOVE THESE!! Heavy, great quality. I'll be doing a GIVEAWAY in December so stay tuned.
3. Acacia Wood Cutting Board // Target // 15in // $24.99; From the famous Hearth & Hand Magnolia line. Great size.
4. Cutting Board w/ Handle // Sur La Table // 14in and 19in // $69.95 and $105 // These are a little in between sizes. The 14in for smaller gatherings and the 19in for larger.
5. Lazy Susan // Sur La Table // 18in Heavy // $50. I mean, you can't go wrong with a lazy susan. Just twirl that cheese around so everyone gets a good piece!
6. Professional Style Cutting Board // Target // 24in x 18in // $55.99. Less expensive alternative to the Boos option.
7. Acacia Wood Cutting/Serving Board // Target // 12in x 16in // $19.99
8. Two-Tone Round Inlay Board // Target // 13in round plus handle // $19.99 : Veering towards the smaller end, but fun and cute.
9. Round Footed Tray // Target // 13in Large size // $19.99; Good for smaller gatherings. Another from the Hearth & Hand line. If not for cheese, great styling piece for the kitchen.
10. Cuff Wood Server // CB2 // 13in x 10.75in (wood area) // $29.95. CB2 makes some of my favorite serving platters. The bronze handle ads a nice touch.
11. Marble Lazy Susan // CB2 // 14inx14in // $49.95. Square lazy susan? Sign me up!
12. Woodblock Cheese Board // Anthropologie // 13in x 11.5in // $48.
13. Festive Marble Cheese Board //Anthropologie // 24in x 9in // $118. "Don't mind if I..." throw in a fun option for good measure.
14. Paddle Cutting Board // World Market // 13in x 35in $59.99. Perfect for a holiday grazing board.
And, for reference, here are some of my favorite boards and how much food can fit on each:
Happy cheese-plate making, everyone!! Remember to tag @ainttooproudtomeg in your pics!!